Looking for a quick, delicious, and filling dinner? Then pasta is your best bet and today’s easy gluten-free ricotta pasta with vegetable recipe will tick all the boxes.
Soft creamy ricotta cheese is a staple in many Italian households, as it is a very versatile ingredient that can be used in anything from cake to gluten-free ricotta gnocchi. It is one of my favourite foods and something I always have in my fridge. It can easily be thrown over pasta for a quick vegetarian meal like we are doing today.
Easy Gluten-Free Ricotta Pasta With Vegetables Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 400g package of pasta- I used gluten-free Rummo Mezzi Rigatoni N ° 51 pasta
- 1 package of traditional ricotta cheese 450g
- 1 tbs olive oil or an olive oil and canola oil blend
- 1/8 tsp each of salt, pepper, granulated onion, and granulated garlic
- 2 tsp chopped basil or 1 tsp basil paste ( I used basil paste)
- 1-2 cups of pasta water
- Put a large pot of salted water on for the pasta.
- Wash and dry the zucchini.
- Cut both ends off of the zucchini and discard.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large frypan heat oil.
- Add zucchini to the pan with the oil.
- Cook zucchini coins until soft and slightly golden- turning often.
- When zucchini is halfway cooked, add seasoning and continue cooking.
- Try zucchini and adjust seasoning to your taste
- Drop your pasta into the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
- When the zucchini is finished cooking, remove them from the pan.
- After the pasta is halfway through cooking, put the ricotta in the empty fry pan.
- Using a spatula soften the ricotta.
- With a heatproof measuring cup remove 2 cups of pasta water from the pasta pot.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of pasta water to soften the ricotta depending on how dry it is. You want the ricotta to resemble a creamy sauce; so it shouldn’t be too loose.
- Once the ricotta is softened add the zucchini back to the pan and mix well.
- Add in the basil and mix well.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the pan with the ricotta.
Tip: If your pan isn’t large enough, add the pasta back to the pasta pot and add in the sauce.
- Toss the pasta with ricotta sauce and zucchini and serve.
- You can top the pasta with grated Parmesan cheese, and if you like hot pepper flakes.
This easy gluten-free ricotta pasta with vegetables recipe is a delicious time-saving dinner. While we used zucchini, you can change this up with any vegetable you have. The recipe would work very well with fresh spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, or peppers. You could even combine multiple vegetables. This recipe might seem light and vegetarian, but it is super filling, and absolutely satisfying.
Now, maybe you’ll keep a container of ricotta in your refrigerator as a go-to for a fast pasta dish any time of the year. The best part is that this recipe is so simple, that really anyone, no matter their cooking skill level, can execute this recipe to perfection.